If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A: MedGuide by Illuminate Health is a medication management platform that schedules your medications using clinical insight and personal sleep and eat schedules. The platform provides pertinent educational information so you know how to take your medications and what to expect regarding possible side effects.
A: Simply add your medication & daily routine, then let Illuminate Health do the rest. Illuminate Health’s proprietary clinical engine uses your information to create a custom-made medication schedule just for you. This schedule is designed to limit drug-drug interactions & increase medication effectiveness. Additionally, Illuminate Health has created patient-friendly educational material, so you fully understand all aspects of your medication regimen.
A: Unlike other medication apps, Illuminate Health takes an active role in user medication management. Unfortunately, patients are simply not equipped with the knowledge to best organize their medical lives. As a result, Illuminate Health has created a solution that strategically combines the vast knowledge available to healthcare professionals with patient generated information to create a truly unique end-product that we hope reduces patient disruption & increases patient knowledge. Current platforms offer little to no active participation in a patient’s medical regimen decision making, an omission we believe is central to the stagnation of positive patient medication outcomes in recent years.
While other platforms have focused on ‘forgetfulness’ or ‘incentives’ as channels to improved medication management, Illuminate Health has taken its lead from robust academic & clinical research which suggest these aforementioned interventions are simply not effective nor sustainable. Instead Illuminate Health has focused on areas that have proven time & again to improve patient well-being and adherence: Simplification & Patient Education.
JANKOWSKA-POLAŃSKA, BEATA ET AL. “RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN PATIENTS’ KNOWLEDGE AND MEDICATION ADHERENCE AMONG PATIENTS WITH HYPERTENSION.” PATIENT PREFERENCE AND ADHERENCE 10 (2016): 2437–2447. PMC. WEB. 12 JUNE 2018.
GOH, BANDY QIULING, ET AL. “EFFECTIVENESS OF MEDICATION REVIEW IN IMPROVING MEDICATION KNOWLEDGE AND ADHERENCE IN PRIMARY CARE PATIENTS.” PROCEEDINGS OF SINGAPORE HEALTHCARE23.2 (2014): 134-141.
A: Please contact email@example.com if you experience any technical difficulties.
A: Yes, Illuminate Health offers clinician facing applications & software. Our clinician facing platform offers easy & secure clinician to patient direct communication, patient progress tracking, & vital medication information for clinicians to ensures safe & accurate medication self-administration for their patients.
Patient / Caregiver
A: By creating an account with illuminate health, you will have access to all of the features of the MedGuide app, such as an updated medication list, reports on medication adherence, daily medication reminders, and direct access to a clinical team member, among other things.
- Navigate to the bottom of the app & press the “Plus ” button
- Press the “Add Med” button & follow instructions on the screen to add a medication.
A: To add a medication for a family member, friend or dependent:
- Navigate to the top left corner of the app & press on arrow next to “your name”.
- Select the person/account you would like to add a medication to.
- Navigate to the bottom of the app & press the “Plus ” button.
- Press the “Add Med” button & follow the on-screen instructions.
A: To delete a medication from a profile:
- Navigate to My Meds.
- Press the drop down arrow of the med you wish to delete.
- Press the “trash” button
- Select your “Reason for Deletion”.
- Select Delete.
A: We define an “as needed” medication as any medication that is not taken at specified times. For example, if a user takes “Tylenol” to manage occasional pain, we would define this medication “as needed”.
A: To add an “As Needed”:
- Navigate to the bottom of the app & press the “Plus ” button.
- Press the “Add Med” button & follow the on-screen instructions.
- Under the “Duration” tab select the “As needed” option.
A: To report any side effects,
- On home page, click on the “+” icon and select “Side Effect”
A: Our search feature is sensitive to prescription spelling. Please ensure you are spelling the desired medication correctly. If you are still unable to select the correct medication, please contact a clinical team member with the mobile app messaging function.
A: Automated scheduling is how Illuminate Health ensures the safe & accurate delivery of medication information to you on a daily basis, hassle free. We tailor your medication schedule to your routine in order to reduce disruptive side effects & optimize medication efficacy.
A: Illuminate Health uses clinical intelligence combined with your daily routine, so we can inform you of the best times to take your medication. Sometimes, taking medication at night is best for you & increases medication effectiveness. For example, we know that certain medications cause drowsiness, so we try to schedule those type of medications closer to your bedtime.
A: To edit your daily routine:
- Navigate to the bottom right of the app & press the, “Profile” button.
- Press the “Edit Routine” button.
- Press the times you wish to change, select your desired time & press “Done”.
- Press the “Save” button in the top right corner when you are done editing your routine.
A: Entering specific meal times allows Illuminate Health to optimize your medication scheduling. Some medications do not interact well with certain types of foods & drinks, so we inform users to any potential harmful interactions. If you do not follow a specific meal time routine, we recommend you enter the most likely times of your meals, so we can ensure optimal safety for you.
A: To manually enter your desired time for medication reminders:
- In the Schedule Tab, Press on the medication you wish to modify. This opens the Med Guide.
- Press the “edit” button in the top right corner
- Press the “Edit Med Schedule” button & follow the on-screen instructions
A: Illuminate Health offers two verification methods for users, email or SMS verification:
- If you chose email verification & cannot find the Illuminate Health “Confirmation Code” email check your Spam or Junk folders. If you still have not received an email from Illuminate Health after 30 minutes of initial setup, please send a confirmation code request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you chose SMS verification & have not received a verification SMS within 10 minutes of initial setup, press the “Resend It” button at the bottom of the screen. If you still do not receive a confirmation code please send a confirmation code request to email@example.com.
A: It really depends on the type & composition of the medication you missed. Illuminate Health offers a recommended “Missed a dose” protocol to help you understand best practices for a missed dose. To find the “Missed Dose” recommendation:
- Press on the medication you have missed.
- Press on the “Missed a dose” tab. Follow the on-screen instructions
A: To create a profile for someone else:
- Navigate to the dashboard & press the, “Expand Your Network” button.
- Press the “+” button found in the top right corner
- Press the “Create” button & follow the on-screen instructions.
A: To chat with a member of your care network:
- Navigate to the taskbar at bottom of the screen.
- Press the “Chat” button.
- Select which user you would like to connect with & start chatting.
A: To get access to all your medical statistics:
- Navigate to the “Profile” button on the bottom right corner.
- Press the “Health Snapshot” button from the “Profile” menu.
- If your interested in your medication compliance rates press the “Compliance” tab at the top of the screen. If interested in viewing your side effect history press the “Health Report” tab.
A: Medication History is populated in two ways. Firstly, Illuminate Health will automatically store any medications you deleted or have expired in your Medication History list. But you can also manually enter any medications that you have taken in the past in the app. To add previously prescribed or taken medication:
- Navigate to the bottom right of the Taskbar.
- Press the “Profile” button.
- Press the “Medication History” tab.
- Press the “+” in the top right corner & follow the on-screen instructions.
A: To change the look of an already added medication:
- Navigate to the “My Meds” section of the app & select the medication you wish to change.
- Press the “Edit” button followed by the “Edit Med Information” button.
- Press the “Change” button located below the pill icon & choose your desired pill image.
A: If you don’t see the pill image that matches your medication:
- Select the “Custom Shape And Color” found at the bottom of the Pill Selector Screen.
- Select from the options provided to best match the composition of your medication.
A: Internet connection is required to use all features of our mobile app.
A: Sharing a dependent profile is a functionality limited to the creator of the dependent account.
A: Illuminate Health conducts a myriad of safety checks to ensure the safe & accurate delivery of medication information to our users. Some of these safety checks include: Drug-Drug Interactions, Allergy Interaction, Therapeutic Duplication, Pregnancy Contraindications, Food & Drink Interactions, Disease & Medical Condition Considerations.
A: Some of the safety checks offered by Illuminate Health are contingent on the information provided by the user. For example, Illuminate Health has the ability to perform Immunization Safety checks, however, if the user does not enter the type & time of Immunizations or Vaccinations he or she has had we cannot perform those safety.
A: For any detailed information regarding your medication please refer to the “Medication Guide”. The Medication Guide can be accessed by simply pressing on the medication you wish to learn more.
A: All notifications can be accessed in the app by:
- Navigating to the top right corner & Pressing the “Notification” button.
A: Illuminate Health is a HIPPA Compliant platform. We employ rigorous physical, network & process data protection measures to ensure your data is safe & completely private.
A: Illuminate Health employs a series of protection protocols to ensure the safety & protection of your information. These protocols include: secure servers, SSL & token based authentication.
A: No. Illuminate Health does not share or sell your personal information. Any personal information that Illuminate Health uses is only in the pursuit of providing Illuminate Health services we believe are most beneficial to you & your health.
A: Absolutely, whether it’s a care gap identification tool, or predictive analytics, or something else, the illuminate.health platform can serve as your base.
A: Yes, our pharmacists will refer to your formulary to suggest cost-effective alternatives, if available, along with other patient assistance programs.
A: Yes, our team will work in collaboration with the plan’s pharmacy and care management teams, share all applicable data and track outcomes.
A: Our team performs required care coordination, verification of medications and shares updated medication lists and progress notes.
A: Members that would benefit from our services are those taking at least six prescription medications and have multiple chronic conditions.
A: Pharmacists will be providing a variety of clinical services to their patients. Pharmacists will perform an initial consult consisting of a comprehensive medication review (CMR), quarterly targeted medication reviews (TMR), and monthly check-ins. Aside from these patient-centered clinical services, pharmacists will also collaborate with healthcare providers (MDs, NPs, PAs) to provide recommendations for therapy changes.
A: Pharmacists will log into the illuminate.health platform from a laptop, desktop, or iPad to deliver these services. Secure high speed internet access, video capabilities, and a HIPAA-secure private workspace are required.
A: The patient workload is dependent upon the clinical services needed for patients assigned to you. This will vary from day to day based on need.
A: Each pharmacist will receive help from ancillary staff consisting of pharmacy interns and technicians. These staff members will perform technical support for patients when needed, medication reconciliations with retail pharmacies, scheduling of CMR and TMR sessions, among a plethora of other daily tasks.
A: Yes, you can communicate with your ancillary staff via the chat function in the platform itself or via personal phone call.
A: Please fill out an application on our website under the Careers section. You will be required to upload your your current license(s).